Thursday, September 25, 2008

Choosing Sides

The biggest complaint I have in my relationship with my husband or anyone really, is choosing sides. Loyalty. Standing by someone's side no matter what. Even if you think they are wrong you back them up because you love them and want them to know you support them.

Currently, our new neighbor points out to me for the millionth time that everyone else's feelings and personal space are important but mine. Why? Who the hell knows. Dont rock the boat? Stoicism? Or serious lack of concern for my own feelings? The point is that when our neighbor beats on teh wall for whatever reason, he thinks I am over reacting. I mean sure, some noise on the wall is one thing, slamming into the wall so hard it wakes me from a sound sleep 5 out of 7 nights or so hard is shakes the pictures hanging over my the head of my bed? I think its ok to get pissed. So tonight when the banging started in ernest and on purpose this time because our dryer is a piece of shit and sounds like two construction boots banging around I got mad. Its not even 10 pm (all HIS banging was after midnight) and I have my kids coming into town tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning. DH thought it was the dryer itself. I explained that it was our neighbor but he had to inspect himself. So I finally had it after the third round and decided to chat with our neighbor. Did DH stop me and say he would go? NO. Did he tell me I was right to be pissed but that my safety was more important? NO. He asked me how long the dryer had left.

I did talk to the neighbor and explained that I had company coming and that I wouldnt use the dryer that late if he made sure not to disturb my sleep. We parted on calm, friendly terms. The husband and I have not.

So it all goes back to me being a bitch for demanding people treat me like a human and He agreeing with the wrong party. I AM NOT IMPORTANT! Do I really need ONE more person, a person who is supposed to protect me, love me and respect me tell me this "YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT"?????!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cause said hubby is a girl. LOL Chin up...although I realized this is quite awhile after the post. =D

P.S. Hi said hubby. ;-)